Thursday, April 11, 2013

American Express teams up with Verizon Wireless

American Express will be launching its new app called Serve on Verizon phones. This app claims to be the "grease on the wheels" for mobile commerce, allowing multiple functions all from a single device. Serve will allow users to spend, send, and swipe while online, offline, or even mobile with efficient speed. Serve's goal reaches farther than building a strong customer clientele, but to try and eliminate the need and dependence of plastic forms of payments. Serve will also combine the benefits of a Digital Wallet and somewhat of an online-social-network atmosphere. Rather than using a card or having your phone swiped at an EMV terminal, Serve will allow you to punch the information into your device and charge strictly to your account. It also will allow you to transfer between accounts or even split bills with friends and family without the hassle all through email.  Little messages may also be sent with your transactions, depending on how your using the app. Finally serve will be able to analyze your transaction history, and send you special offers that might interest you. If you are interested you can buy it right on the spot if not you can delete the offer.



http://venturebeat.com/2011/08/01/american-express-teams-up-with-verizon-wireless-on-serve-digital-payment-accounts/

2 comments:

  1. This is very exciting! I have always wanted to get rid of the 'plastic payment' options this world offers us. If I am not mistaken, Europe has already been ahead of the game with phone's being used as 'credit cards'. Finally we have decided to step up our game. This will eliminate lots of hassle and it will keep us connected at all times. There will be no surprises. Now that I think of it, this is going to be great when I'm at a bar and had one too many. I can set a budget before I go out and have the app message me telling me I'm going over my budget. Not only will it keep my money safe, it will keep me safe as well.

    Tyler Williamson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say that Digital Payments is the one project I'm very interested! I did some research too! Verizon enterprise and government chief Greg Haller said that Verizon is building a mobile payments ecosystem through its own Isis joint venture and with Serve.The account comes with a reloadable Serve prepaid card that you can use at any merchant or automated teller machine that accepts American Express cards.

    Wenyi Chen

    ReplyDelete